Window tints are inexpensive and provide more privacy when cruising in your car. With little patience and attention, you can even apply it yourself. Multiple tint shades and materials let you customize the look and environment according to your needs. Go through the article below to learn about the 10 best window tint brands you can choose from for your next window tinting.
Short on Time – Here’s a Quick Summary
Based on our research and customer reviews, we have listed the 10 best window tint brands to protect you and your car’s internal material from dangerous UV radiation – 1. Huper Optik 2. Madico 3. Rayno 4. Lexen 5. Gila 6. 3M 7. Solar Gard 8. Suntek 9. LLumar 10. Xpel
Things to Consider While Choosing a Window Tint Brand
Due to the proliferation of window tint brands and several companies offering tinting services, it sometimes becomes challenging for vehicle owners to choose the right one. This section will highlight what you must consider while choosing a window tint brand.
- Understand Your Tinting Preferences: You must first consider your tinting needs, why you need a window tint, and whether you want a darker or lighter one. Keeping in mind your preferences, look for the window tint brand with options per your choice.
- Familiarize Yourself with Several Tint Options: Different tint brands have several options regarding window tints, including regular tint, ceramic tint, dyed window tint, metalized window tint, carbon tint film, etc. Familiarize yourself with these options so you can install a tint based on your choice and needs.
- Understand Window Percentage: Window percentage refers to the percentage of visible light transmission entering the vehicle. Understand what each number indicates. For instance, a window tint having a 45% VLT will block 55% of light and allow the rest to enter the vehicle.
- Consider Buying UV Reflecting Window Tints: UV rays harm your skin and the vehicle’s interior. UV-reflecting window tints reflect 99% of UV rays. Consider buying the tint having these capabilities.
- State Laws: Each state allows a specific percentage of window tint per state regulations and laws. For example, California allows 70% tint for front side windows and 4 inches for windshields. Learn about the level of window tint allowed in all 50 states of America here. Violation of state laws can result in hefty penalties in the form of fines.
- License and Insurance: The companies must be licensed and insured to provide window tinting services and know about the state regulations regarding window tinting. In some states, for instance, Oregon, tint installers must provide a certificate to customers stating the tint light transmittance and reflectance. Some installers may also use a sticker that ensures compliance with the laws.
Moreover, different institutes offer window tint certifications, including the Window Film Installation Training & Certification – XPEL and Ceramic Pro – Window Tint Training, for window tint installers to get certified.
- Warranties: Warranties are essential. Always go for the company that offers warranties. Also, determine the time limit of warranties, what is covered in it, how you can redeem it, and whether you will get the tint replaced within the warranty.
Best Window Tint Brands
As of 2022, 76% of Americans own a vehicle. Over time most vehicle owners may experience the damaging effects of sun rays on the state of their car. Window tints can significantly reduce the impact of sun rays. They are widely used in the automotive industry and work by blocking some or all of the UV, IR, and visible light to reduce the amount of heat entering your vehicle.
Go through the following list to learn about the best window tint brands.
1. Huper Optik
Huper Optik is a top brand that delivers excellent tint products for different use cases, including marine, residential, security, commercial, and automotive. It supplies products with superior quality and performance. In addition to enhancing the comfort of riding and privacy, the Huper Optik window tint offers fade control and extends the vehicle’s interior life.
Huper Optik enhances your car aesthetic, gives a classic European look, and improves the driving experience. It delivers a wide variety of premium window tint films, including the Select and Ceramic series.
Madico is another well-known brand that offers a variety of window tints with guaranteed protection from the sun and its damaging rays. In addition, it provides high-quality window tints that are durable and last long. Moreover, Madico offers window tints for various use cases, including automotive, healthcare, architectural, and aerospace projects. Also, you can choose from multiple colors, materials, and visible light transmission options for Madico window tints.
Madico’s Charcoal tint is one of its top-performing products that are durable enough to keep the window from shattering, increasing safety.
Rayno is another leading name among the manufacturers of window tints. It produces high-quality tinting films for vehicles and buildings. In addition, Rayno uses advanced carbon-ceramic technology to provide up to 99% sun protection. This window tint is durable and damage resistant.
Known for using one of the most innovative and effective technologies, Rayno offers products that filter UV rays and provide multiple benefits.
Lexen offers high-quality pre-cut tints that can shrink well, have a strong adhesive, and come at an affordable price. Also, it offers vehicle-specific kits that provide maximum clarity.
Lexen is one of the most liked window tint brands that offer high-quality films.
Furthermore, Lexen tints are easy to configure and are scratch-resistant. Its complete kit can cover all car’s windows, and non-reflective films have a thickness of 1.5 mils. Apart from the pre-cut kits, you can also find film rolls of 2-ply tint materials dyed in 45% shade.
Gila window tints are made from professional-grade materials, simultaneously delivering an aesthetic look and comfort. With a layer of heat-blocking technology, Gila Heat Shield Tints provide the benefits of heat rejection, glare elimination, and UV rays blockage and keep your interior looking new.
You can select from a wide range of window tints for your vehicles, whether trucks or SUVs; Gila has covered you.
3M is another top-performing brand with a good range of tint materials. It has an excellent ceramic window tint series, Crystalline, that is best for Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER). Moreover, it is a top choice of made car manufacturers and providers due to its high quality. You can expect 99% blockage of harmful UV rays from 3M window tints.
Furthermore, it blocks up to 60% of solar power to provide you with the benefit of a cooler car. Also, it is scratch-resistant and protects against all types of scratches and marks. 3 M’s different Umbrella window tints include the Color Stable Series, Crystalline Series, and the FX Series.
I prefer 3M and Rayno window tints due to their excellent results. I have been using 3M on my Toyota Tacoma, and it’s been three years, and still, the tint is going great without any scratches. Also, I love 3 M’s high-class protection from the sun and privacy from outsiders. It may be pricey for many, but its price is worth the quality it offers.
7. Solar Gard
Solar Gard window tints are high quality and designed to block up to 70% of uncomfortable heat from the sun for a cooler ride. Its UV protection is equivalent to SPF 285, which helps protect your vehicle’s interior from dangerous UV rays. Moreover, Solar Gard prevents the sun and headlights glare from blinding you.
This window tint possesses an impact-resistance feature for life’s unpredictable scenarios. In the event of any mishap or crash, this protective layer will protect the glass from sharding.
SunTek Window Films provide high-quality window tint for customers on a budget. This cost-effective window tint is made with no metal-carbon technology that helps decrease electrical interference. Moreover, SunTek’s Carbon Window Tint provides 90% heat protection and rejects 60% of heat entering the vehicle.
Furthermore, SunTek offers a wide variety of window films, including Ceramic Tints, Carbon Tints, Metak Dyed Tints, Dyed Charcoal Tints, etc. Benefit from SolarTek best in class window films.
LLumer is another top-performing brand producing high-quality automotive and architectural window films. Its tints give your vehicles a fresh look while rejecting heat from the sun. It is one the most trusted window tint brands that block maximum UV rays and offers protection and comfort to people. Additionally, LLumer window tints come in various colors and shades. You can customize them based on your design preferences.
Xpel is a leading window tint brand offering several tint materials that can block 99% of UV rays and 98% of infrared heat. It includes a dyed-metal film, a ceramic-tinted film, and more. You can choose based on your preference and needs, as both are high quality. Xpel is a good choice regarding heat reduction and glare reduction. Moreover, its XR Prime Plus window tint is best for higher heat rejection than other tints.