While you may not think of tires as a critical component of your car, they are essential for several reasons, including the assurance of your safety and the safety of your vehicle. There goes a lot of effort into finding the best tire for your car, so we did the hard work and picked a few based on their high performance and improved grip.
Short on Time – Here’s a Quick Summary
It’s easy to get confused when you have a bewildering bunch of tire brands, sizes, and types to choose from. So, from different tire brands, we have made a list of the best 5; 1. Michelin 2. Bridgestone 3. Goodyear 4. Continental 5. Yokohama.
Things to Consider Before Buying Tire for Your Vehicle
Choosing the best tire can be challenging for most automotive drivers. This section will highlight some important things to consider while selecting tires for your car.
- Wear Life/Longevity: It is an essential factor to consider before you buy any tire, as the wear life of a tire represents how long a tire will last before wearing out. Tire brands also offer to wear-life warranties to ensure the tire’s longevity.
- Traction/Grip: The next thing you should consider before buying a tire is its grip or traction. The tire’s grip plays a critical role in your safety, as the tire can hold onto the ground without sliding. Tire traction is especially important for slippery and snowy surfaces.
- Fuel Efficiency: Few people know about this, but tires impact fuel consumption. It would help if you considered this factor before buying tires, as fuel-effective tires offer low rolling resistance that can significantly help you save on fuel.
- Ride Comfort & Quietness: Tire noise may not be an issue for some people, considering the noise factor is essential if you want a quiet and smooth ride.
- Handling Stability: Handling stability is critical for your safety as it refers to how tires respond to drivers’ demands—for instance, accelerating, steering, and braking. Linked with safety and driving pleasure, handling stability is an essential factor to consider before buying tires.
Standards & Certifications
Different countries have national regulations and standards for mandatory certification of vehicle tires. Tire standards and certifications ensure the tire meets all the transportation’s safety requirements and is applicable to be used in cars. Therefore, you must ensure the tire meets industry standards and has valid certifications before buying any tire. Some of these certifications include.
- DOT: This American tire certification signifies that all tires registered in DOT meet the safety standards of the US Department of Transportation (DOT). Also, DOT certification requires tire brands to print the DOT mark and certification number on all tire products.
- E-Mark Certification: The E-mark on any tire confirms that it meets the relevant EU or International UNECE standards. The E-mark certification signifies tire safety and performance as required by the authorities.
What are the Best Tire Brands in 2022?
High-performance tires can help enhance your driving experience and prevent you and your vehicle from possible safety hazards. In addition, tire maintenance and timely tire replacements ensure longevity and fuel economy.
Go through the following list to know the best tire brands and two of their top-performing tire models.
A French tire manufacturing company, Michelin is the 2nd largest tire manufacturer in the world. It produces high-performance tires for every vehicle type and uses. Michelin tires are best known for their sustainability, which improves mobility. Its best models are given below.
- Michelin CrossClimate2: Michelin CrossClimate 2 is best for every climate condition and provides high-level wet and dry braking. They ride smoother and have better traction.
- Michelin Defender T+H: Defender T+H is one of the long-lasting tires that are well suited for drivers of family sedans, small crossover vehicles, and minivans. They deliver all-season traction for dry, wet, and light snow.
Being the largest tire manufacturer in the world, Bridgestone produces over 100 different kinds of tire models to suit every driver’s need. Their tires have good traction on dry and wet roads. In addition, Bridgestone is well known for producing high-performance tires, run flats, and the Blizzak winter tires. Learn more about its best models below.
- Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack: Turanza Quiettrack is one of the top Bridgestone tires that is well-suited for all seasons. It is a good choice for drivers that need a quiet and smooth ride, perfect grip in the wet, and enough traction in light snow.
- Bridgestone Driveuard: Driveguard is one of the best Bridgestone run-flat tires with a five-year/60,000 miles warranty. This tire provides comfort and stability and can work up to 50 miles at a speed of 50mph after a puncture.
Goodyear is an American tire manufacturing company that produces high-performance and durable tires for all weather and road conditions. Moreover, Goodyear offers a variety of different tire models and the best options for different kinds of vehicles. Its best tires include.
- Goodyear Assurance MaxLife: Assurance Maxlife is a high-performance Goodyear tire well-suited for all seasons, providing a long-lasting tread life and high stability. Also, it reduces road vibrations and noise, enhancing the driving experience.
- Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season: Designed with a NASCAR racing car in mind, Eagle Sport has long-lasting handling abilities and excellent dry traction. It provides a smooth and comfortable driving experience.
Continental produces high-quality, eco-friendly tires for all seasons. Its tires deliver reliable grip and stability and handle all weather conditions and surfaces. In addition, Continental tires are highly durable, comfortable, and fuel efficient. Below are its high-performing tire models.
- Continental TrueContact: TrueContact is a long-wearing all-season tire that is well-suited for passenger cars and crossovers. Also, it delivers optimal traction in wet snow and low road noise at both high and low speeds.
- Continental PureContact LS: PureContact LS is an all-season touring tire great for dry, wet, and light snow conditions. Moreover, it features EcoPlus technology for efficient fuel consumption and extended tread life.
Yokohama produces a wide variety of sustainable and cost-effective tires. Its tires are eco-friendly and can last between five and eight years. Moreover, Yokohama tires are suitable for all seasons and can stand heavy rain and severe climate conditions. Its best models include.
- Yokohama AVID Touring-S: It is a standard all-season touring tire with higher stability and helps reduce noise patterns on the road. Yokohama AVID Touring-S provides maximum traction and hydroplaning resistance.
- Yokohama Parada Spec-X: It is a high-performance all-season tire best for sports trucks and muscle cars. Moreover, Yokohama Parada Spec-X provides excellent dry and wet traction.
Yokohama tires are my favorite as they offer high-quality, cost-effective, affordable tires. I use Yokohama Para Spec-X in my Camaro, and they are so smooth. In addition, they worked well in conditions such as sandy roads, heavy rainfall, and light snow.